Big Commerce is a tool that will allow you to build you ecommerce without having to write a single line of code. It is a fan favorite among no-code platforms because of how easy to learn it is. Big Commerce has templates available to help you build online stores and marketplaces for the following industries: healthcare & medical, information & communication technology, manufacturing, transport & logistics, marketing & communications, sales, trades & services, among many others.
Big Commerce Features
Fans of Big Commerce love it for its most recognizable features:
- Use the industry's fastest APIs to automatically sync data from 3rd party systems (such as ERPs) seamlessly into BigCommerce
- Segment your customers for pricing, product access and promotions without having to maintain a second site
- Keep in store sales automatically updated with native POS systems, including Teamwork Commerce and more
- Capture more customers on social channels with Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram integrations
- Sell where your customers are shopping by integrating with top marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon and Google Shopping
- Create and manage multiple, unique storefronts within your BigCommerce dashboard
- Get more traffic with customizable, SEO friendly URLs, and out of the box Metadata and robots.txt editing
- Faceted search built off of Elasticsearch, including custom field support for refined searching
- Drag and drop functionality, custom product recommendations and headless commerce APIs to customize your merchandising
- Use the Stencil CLI tool to develop, test and push changes in a local environment without downtime
- Make your site mobile responsive from homepage to checkout with any BigCommerce theme
- Customize every inch of the checkout experience with a server to server checkout API and SDK
- Acquia Digital Experience Integration
Big Commerce Pricing
Big Commerce pricing is Affordable (under $59US/month) and you can have a Free Trial. The pricing plans available are the following:
- Enterprise (Contact Sales)
- Enterprise (Contact Sales)
Big Commerce Integrations and Plugins
On the API side of things, you’ll find that Big Commerce connects with various tools such as:
- BigCommerce isn't open source so there aren't frequent patch updates
- There are many plugins and apps that integrate right with BigCommerce to make for a robust experience in order management, store setup, marketing, and website customizations.
- API documentation is excellent, and developers share a lot of knowledge/know-how in open forums
- Lightweight, quicker time to market, and less cost of implementation and integration effort than other platforms
- Customization is possible but comes at a cost when one has to build a unique integration or s set of business rules
- Some of the items on the page builder needed to be styled through CSS. Also the ability to create different layouts based on desktop or mobile would be great
- The cost of BigCommerce is a bit overwhelming.
Big Commerce Documentation and Support
Big Commerce has a comprehensive knowledge base to help you learn how to use it. If you ever find that you need any help in using the app, and depending on which plan you go for, you will have good customer support available. It has also excellent ratings across the board.
You’ll find that you have high control over your ecommerce design, with its drag and drop interface. You might also notice that Big Commerce is very responsive and highly secure.
Want to find out more about low code and no code? Check out the LowCode blog! We publish all there is to know about low code/no code and give you all of the industry’s best-kept secrets for making the most powerful apps, without having to write any code.
We have an expert team that can make your app 20 times quicker than a traditional developer can! Yep, we make app dreams come true. Book a call with us to find out more.