Datawrapper is a tool that will allow you to build maps without having to write a single line of code. It is a fan favorite among no-code platforms because of how easy to learn it is. Datawrapper has templates available to help you build maps for the following industries: advertising, arts & media, banking & financial services, and government & defence.
Fans of Datawrapper love it for its most recognizable features:
- Allow users to build charts that work across platforms
- Make use of shared folders, Slack and Teams integration, and admin permissions to see what your team is creating
- Allow users to create custom charts for their brands, 100% white labeled
- Export every visualization as PNG, SVG, or PDF and continue working in, e.g., Adobe Illustrator
- All their visualizations can update themselves periodically. Simply link to an external CSV or Google Sheet
- Datawrapper visualizations scale to the largest audiences and support even millions of viewers
- No matter which plan you choose, all your visualizations and data are private until you hit the “Publish” button
- Even on their free plan, there’s no limit to the number of charts, maps, and tables you can create
- Responsive data tables allow for lots of styling options and let you include bar, column & line charts, heatmaps, images, a search bar and pagination
- Three interactive and responsive map types let you create anything from locator maps to thematic choropleth and symbol maps
- Use one of 19 interactive and responsive chart types ranging from simple bars and lines to arrow, range, and scatter plots
The pricing plans available are the following:
- Custom ($599 /mo or $5990 /yr)
- Enterprise (Custom price)
*Free trial is available
Datawrapper Integrations and Plugins
On the API side of things, you’ll find that Datawrapper connects with various tools such as
Datawrapper integrates with the following platforms for flexibility and ease of use_
- Google Sheets
- Datawrapper offers quick and simple techniques for the creation of graphics and web maps
- Users can copy and paste data into it from Excel, even in comma separated files. In addition to pasting URL for live graphics
- The graphics in Datawrapper are very aesthetic, they can be visualized from any device, mobile or desktop. The platform adjusts the colors and size of the text automatically so that it looks good on any of these devices
- Datawrapper gives a preview of what the graph will look like before exporting it
- Maps can be interactive, which improves the user experience
- Large selection of formats in the data display, colour customisable, various download options ( png, iFrame etc)
- Straightforward platform
- The adjustment of color in this platform can be quite cumbersome if you do not have the right detail in the slide bar for control
- Limited features and data connectors
- Cannot share dashboards
Datawrapper Documentation and Support
Datawrapper has a comprehensive knowledge base to help you learn how to use it. If you ever find that you need any help in using the app, and depending on which plan you go for, you will have good customer support available. It has good ratings across the board.
You’ll find that you have high control over your charts and web maps design, with its drag and drop interface. You might also notice that Datawrapper is very responsive and highly secure.
Want to find out more about low code and no code? Check out the LowCode blog! We publish all there is to know about low code/no code and give you all of the industry’s best-kept secrets for making the most powerful apps, without having to write any code.
We have an expert team that can make your app 20 times quicker than a traditional developer can! Yep, we make app dreams come true. Book a call with us to find out more.