Selecting the right Bubble agency: Key considerations and decision-making tips
In recent years, the concept of no-code development has revolutionized the way applications are built. These platforms provide users with visual, drag-and-drop features and ready-to-use templates, significantly reducing the amount of traditional programming required to create web and mobile applications. Bubble, in particular, has emerged as a frontrunner in this space. Their platform is one of the most versatile out there, and it is highly regarded for its adaptability, offering an all-in-one solution that covers backend development, design, and hosting.
As more businesses seek out easy-to-use visual tools for creating apps, there's a big demand for agencies that really understand how these tools work. The developers on their teams can connect the visual side of app building with the behind-the-scenes coding that makes everything run smoothly. While no-code makes the process easier, having professionals who can also work with traditional coding complements it and enables them to handle projects of varying complexity.
So you might wonder: What should I look for when selecting a Bubble agency to ensure they're the right fit for my project? We're here to guide you through the process of choosing the perfect Bubble agency for your project.
TL;DR: Experienced agencies can help you make the most of no-code platforms. Consider the specifications of your project when choosing a Bubble agency, and evaluate their expertise, strategy, communication, and services. Take your time when choosing; consider value over price, take thorough notes during discussions, and consider how well the agency fits with your vision.
Understanding your needs
The first thing to keep in mind: your goals will shape the type of agency you should partner with.
For example, if you’re an entrepreneur seeking to build an MVP, you should focus on agencies that excel at rapid prototyping and feature implementation. Look for agencies experienced in working with startups, as they understand the urgency of time-to-market and can help you quickly validate your concept.
On the other hand, if you're a business owner looking to enhance operational efficiency, seek agencies with a proven track record in creating custom solutions. Ask for case studies or client testimonials that highlight concrete, measurable results, such as cost savings or improved user satisfaction.
Take the time to critically evaluate your project requirements, timeline, and long-term goals. Consider factors such as scalability, user experience, and future growth. For more context on what you can achieve with Bubble, check out our article on What Type of Apps You Can Build with Bubble, and for a comprehensive platform overview, see our Bubble Review.
The importance of choosing the right Bubble agency
The choice of agency isn't just about getting a pre-packaged deal. It's about finding a team that adapts its approach to your needs. A capable agency will have the knowledge to maximize Bubble's potential, creating robust, user-friendly, and scalable applications. They'll also ensure there's a clear line of communication, giving you the chance to play an active role in the development process. The right agency will provide you with regular updates on project progress, and value your input because their goal is to work with you to create an application that aligns perfectly with your vision.
On the flip side, going with the wrong agency can lead to problems. In the worst-case scenario, you might end up with a project that’s poorly executed, which could damage your reputation and business prospects. Even if things don’t go that badly, a misaligned choice can still mean you miss out on valuable opportunities for growth.
And it's not just about money – choosing the wrong agency can also eat up a lot of your time and energy. You could find yourself stuck in endless back-and-forths, and your initial excitement about the project might start to wane.
Key factors to consider when choosing a Bubble agency
Experience and expertise
Selecting a Bubble agency with a strong history of working on Bubble and similar projects can't be overstated.
An experienced agency will be able to work faster and will be aware of both all the opportunities the platform offers as well as the workarounds to its constraints. Your project will be developed with best practices in mind, so your app is clean, scalable, and future proof. Their developers can also include custom code if any feature or service for your app requires it.
Their experience also boosts other aspects of the development process, for example, an experienced project manager will be more organized and will know how to better allocate resources and optimize the workflow.
Project scope transparency
A reliable Bubble agency should operate with a clear and agreed-upon project scope. This transparency sets the foundation for a successful partnership.
A well-defined project scope prevents what's known as "scope creep", which is when unplanned tasks or features gradually sneak into a project. Both parties must be on the same page regarding objectives, deliverables, and timelines. This will help to keep the project on track, structured, and less likely to miss deadlines or go over budget.
While it's okay to expect minor surprises along the way, setting the scope helps keep them minimal.
Reviewing an agency's Bubble portfolio will give you a firsthand look at its past work. It's your chance to assess the quality, creativity, and measurable results of the apps they've built.
Look for those who are relevant to your own project in terms of industry, type of development, or complexity. But you can also take a broader look at their entire catalog to assess their overall versatility across various contexts.
The use cases will describe the whole process and can give you some hints on how their approach works. Does it resonate with your project? Check the testimonials and reviews to hear the personal opinions of past clients, they will provide valuable clues about the agency's commitment to customer satisfaction.
Crafting user interfaces that are not only intuitive but also visually captivating can significantly enhance user experience and engagement. While many Bubble agencies might opt for the convenience of templates, this approach often leads to apps that look inconsistent or share a common, generic appearance.
A strong design team, on the other hand, is what distingzishes a great Bubble agency. They understand how design deeply affects the way users perceive an app and invest in experts who can create interfaces that resonate with your target audience and reflect your brand identity. They will also ensure your app has smooth and enjoyable navigation.
When you select an agency with a robust design team you get an app that stands out from the crowd. It's not just about aesthetics; it's about creating an experience that users remember and return to.
At LowCode, we take immense pride in our expert Team and innovative approach. Don't just take our word for it – check our reviews on Clutch!
A Bubble agency's offerings extend beyond development to encompass various aspects of your project. Here are other key services you might need:
Testing: Rigorous testing to identify and rectify any bugs or issues before the application goes live, ensuring a smooth user experience.
Maintenance: Ongoing support to keep your application updated, secure, and functioning optimally, even after launch.
Training: Providing training and resources to help you and your team manage and understand your application's functionalities effectively.
Integrations: Integrating your Bubble app with other tools and systems you already use or want to include in your project and create a cohesive ecosystem.
Communication and collaboration
A great Bubble agency will not just work for you, but with you. They should value open dialogue and collaboration and make you feel involved throughout the development process.
You should look for an agency that offers:
- Regular updates that keep you in the loop.
- Feedback sessions where your thoughts genuinely matter.
- A dedicated communication channel—think professional project management platforms—to streamline discussions and ensure everyone's on the same page.
Clear communication and ongoing feedback help optimize the way iterations unfold and lead to more efficient development cycles. It also prevents mistakes and unnecessary reworks. As you witness your project taking shape, you can feel confident that it remains aligned with your vision, reducing the chances of surprises or deviations.
Pricing and value
When it comes to pricing, remember that the cheapest option isn't always the best. Consider the agency's pricing method—whether hourly or fixed—and how it aligns with your budget and project scope. While cost is a factor, prioritize the value you'll receive. A reputable agency delivers more than just a product; they offer expertise, creativity, and a proven ability to bring your vision to life effectively. To assist you in navigating costs, some agencies have cost calculators that can provide insights into potential expenses based on their pricing models.
Questions to ask potential Bubble agencies
Here's how you can engage in meaningful conversations with agency representatives:
Evaluate their approach
After talking about your project's scope, objectives, and pain points, ask questions to understand their approach to working with projects like yours. Are they attentive to customization? Do they emphasize collaboration? Assess whether their strategy resonates with your expectations.
You could ask:
- How did you approach projects similar to mine?
- How do you ensure your solutions are customized to fit the specific needs of each client?
Ask about their team
Get to know more about the team that will be responsible for your project.
You could ask:
- Could you provide an overview of the team members who will be involved in my project?
- Are your team members proficient in using Bubble and other relevant technologies?
- How do they stay updated with industry trends and advancements?
- How many projects they’ve worked on?
Discuss feasibility and timeline
Based on the insights you've shared, discuss the feasibility of your project's implementation and the expected timeline. A reputable agency will provide you with a realistic assessment of how long the project might take and any potential challenges that could arise.
You could ask:
- Can you provide an estimated timeline for the various phases of my project?
- How do you handle unexpected delays or changes in the project timeline?
A skilled agency should provide initial suggestions or strategies based on your brief. Their ability to offer immediate value showcases their grasp of your requirements.
You could ask:
- Based on my project brief, do you have any initial suggestions or strategies to enhance its success?
- Are there any prerequisites or requirements from our end to get started?
Discuss the agency's past projects
Examining the agency's track record through its previous projects provides valuable insight into its capabilities and approach.
You could ask:
- Can you highlight any projects in your portfolio that are similar to mine in terms of objectives, complexity, or industry?
- Can you share examples of long-term relationships with clients?
- Can you share reviews or testimonials of clients you’ve worked with?
Gauge their communication style. Clear and proactive communication is crucial for a successful partnership.
You could ask:
- How do we communicate? Is it via email, text, a client portal, or something else?
- How often can I expect updates and opportunities to provide feedback?
- What kind of support do you offer post-launch, including updates, maintenance, and troubleshooting?
Here's a step-by-step guide to guide you through the process
- Create a shortlist of agencies:
- Seek recommendations from colleagues, peers, or industry forums.
- Use online searches to identify reputable Bubble agencies.
- Review platforms like Clutch to discover highly-rated agencies with proven track records.
- Review agency websites and portfolios:
- Visit the websites of shortlisted agencies to assess their services, approach, and expertise.
- Explore their portfolio, case studies, and client testimonials. Assess the quality, relevance, and diversity of their past projects.
- Check online reviews:
- Explore third-party review platforms like Clutch,, or Google Reviews to gather insights from previous clients.
- Pay attention to both positive and negative feedback to gain a well-rounded understanding of each agency's strengths and weaknesses.
- Contact agencies for initial calls:
- Reach out to the selected agencies and request initial consultation calls.
- During the consultation, discuss your project's specifics, and ask questions about their process, services, and approach.
- Check references and previous clients:
- Reach out to references provided by the agencies to gather direct feedback from their previous clients.
- Inquire about their experiences, collaboration, outcomes, and any challenges encountered.
- Request project proposals:
- After the initial consultations, request detailed project proposals from the agencies that impressed you.
- The proposal should outline the project scope, deliverables, timelines, pricing, and any additional terms.
- Review proposals and compare:
- Evaluate each proposal based on its alignment with your project's needs, budget, and timeline.
- Compare the services offered, expertise demonstrated, and potential value each agency brings.
One more thing: as you go through these steps don't forget to take notes. Don't rely only on your memory. Instead, make a clear breakdown of the relevant info you've gathered for each agency.
Also, consider reserving a space to include your impressions too! Especially after a consultation call. Compatibility goes beyond just technical capabilities, so it is worth it to weigh how well you think you could work with them on the project.
Identify the best Bubble agency
After doing a thorough investigation, it's time to put the puzzle pieces together. This involves evaluating all the aspects we were considering, including their experience, the quality of their portfolio, communication abilities, references, and the specifics of their proposal.
Spend some time sorting through the information you've assembled. It's essential to ensure that you feel confident and content with the agency you're leaning toward.
Remember, the ideal agency is one that not only checks off the boxes on your requirements list but also resonates with your vision and principles. You should choose an agency that not only meets your requirements but also aligns with your vision and values.
You've unlocked the secrets to find the perfect Bubble agency. Now, are you prepared for the next exciting step? Bring your ideas to life with the expertise of LowCode Agency!
We have an expert team that specializes in Bubble and no-code ready to help you with your project.